The Station Hotel, formerly the Central Hotel, celebrated its re-opening with a VIP event, concluding almost six months of refurbishment works and more than £600,000 of investment from the property owners, Colwyn Bay Townscape heritage initiative and Conwy County Council.
Built in 1870, its Gothic style and use of local carboniferous limestone is an example of the early phase of the town’s development which is now scarce.
The RDF specialists completed the delicate external restoration works using carefully sourced local materials all whilst undertaking major structural works internally. Following the alterations a full internal refurbishment was then completed to reposition the site and it’s offer.
The council and property owners are delighted at the works and are having continued success.